Do you know that most people use ASMR to help them fall asleep? 81% use ASMR before bedtime.
The value of a good night’s sleep cannot be overstated. It is not only important for your physical health, but it is also crucial for your mental and your overall well-being. However, not everyone is enjoying a good night’s sleep. According to the American Sleep Association, around 50-70 million Americans have a sleep disorder. Around 30% of adults have reported short term insomnia while 10% have chronic insomnia. Many do not get the recommended eight hours of sleep. Lack of sleep can have serious effects on your health. Many people take a pill or use a natural sleep aid to get a good night’s rest.
Here are a few ways sleep can impact your day to day functioning:
- It makes you more forgetful
- Your intelligence and learning suffers
- Makes you susceptible to heart attacks and other diseases
- Weakens the immune system
- Leads to premature aging
- Affects sex drive
These are just a few of the effects associated with lack of sleep. If your sleep continues to suffer, your quality of life will be impacted. The availability of numerous over-the-counter sleep aid medications clearly points to how common this problem is. For many, popping a sleeping pill before the head to bed has become a nightly routine. There are several side-effects associated with taking sleeping pills. They may help resolve short-term insomnia, but your body will build a tolerance from long-term use, thus rendering them ineffective. Also, long-term use of the pills could lead to a physical or emotional dependency where you might be unable to sleep without taking them.
It is always best to consult a doctor if you are facing sleeping issues. Making a few adjustments to your daily routine coupled with a natural sleep aid could help you fall asleep naturally. Alternate therapies using natural sleep aids like essential oils and aromatherapy may be useful in promoting deep and restful sleep.
A Thousand Z's , a Natural Sleep Aid:
A Thousand Z's is original formula developed to help alleviate stress, anxiety, calm the mind, and gently lull the brain to sleep. One of the most popular products, A Thousand Z'sis made from 100% pure and premium essential oils with no synthetic additives or fillers.
How to use A Thousand Z's: Tips and Tricks
This is the most common and popular way to use essential oils. Simply add 2-3 drops of A Thousand Z's to a diffuser placed in your bedroom and diffuse before going to bed. We do not recommend the use of heat-based diffusers because they tend to affect the potency and properties of the oil. An ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser is a better option.
2. Relaxing bath before bedtime:
Mix 6-8 drops of the blend to half a cup of Epsom salts. Draw a warm bath and add the prepared Epsom salts in it. Enjoy a relaxing soak. There is some research that suggests a warm bath before bed enhances sleep and promotes stage 4 sleep, i.e., deep sleep. This is essential for rejuvenating the body and producing hormones that are beneficial for growth.
3. Prepare a spray:
In a small spray bottle, add 10-15 drops of A Thousand Z's and fill up the rest with water. Shake well and spritz this mixture over your bedding before going to bed.
Add a few drops to your favorite night time moisturizer. Apply moisturizer to skin and gently massage in.
5. Shoulder and back massage:
A relaxing massage just before bedtime using a mix of A Thousand Z's and fractioned coconut oil can also help promote sleep.
6. Cotton balls:
Add a drop or two to a cotton ball and leave this next to your pillow. This is a good option for those who do not own a diffuser or if you do not want the oils on your skin.
7. Dryer sheets:
Add a few drops to dryer balls or dryer sheets and toss these in when you are washing your bedding. Your bedding will not only smell fresh and lovely, but it will also help you fall asleep faster.
8. Use in linen closet:
Add 1-2 drops to a cotton ball and leave these in the closet where you store clean bedding.
Besides this, you can also try changing your bedtime habits to fall asleep faster and to enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Here are some things that you can change, adopt, or stop altogether:
- Avoid caffeinated drinks in the evenings or close to bedtime. Caffeine is a stimulant and can improve focus and energy; you need the opposite of this for a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a sleep and wake-up schedule. Sticking to a set sleep time-table will help your body’s circadian cycle function better. Soon, you will find yourself falling asleep naturally at the time you set as your body and mind gets conditioned into following a pattern.
- Take a warm bath. Like we mentioned earlier, this helps promote sleep. However, make sure you take your bath 2 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid using your gadgets in bed. Also, make it a technology-free zone. This will help your mind relax faster and help you sleep better.
- Dim lights at bedtime and make sure your pillow, comforter, etc. are all clean and comfortable.
- Avoid drinking fluids and eating food close to bedtime.